How to make cranberry mimosa, an elegant drink perfect for celebrations and the festive season.
This really is your ultimate elegant festive cocktail! The Cranberry Mimosa adds a slightly tart and bubbly taste with a festive look – the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
Can’t make it now? Save this to Pinterest for later
As Amazon affiliates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools you will need for making a Cranberry Mimosa
- Champagne/sparkling wine flutes
- A saucer for your sugar garnish
- A toothpick may help if you wish to skewer your cranberries
- A jigger
- 750ml bottle sparkling champagne
- 120ml sweet cranberry juice
- A handful of fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Garnish 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Dampen the rim of your glasses (you can use a squeeze of lime or simply run under a tap) then dip into a saucer of sugar
- Pour 30ml of cranberry juice into the bottom of each glass
- Top off with sparkling wine
- Skewer a few cranberries on to the end of a rosemary sprig, or let them float on top to garnish
Variations to the Cranberry Mimosa
You can certainly play with your quantities if you prefer a deeper colour or like the tart taste from the cranberry, make the cranberry component of the drink a little stronger.
The sugared rim and garnish
There are certainly no hard and fast rules when it comes to garnishing your favourite festive drinks.
Not everyone is a fan of the sugared rim (though we do think in this case it helps cut through the tartness of the cranberry) so there’s no problem to drop this step – or alternatively play it up, you could add some green or red colouring to the sugar for an even more festive appearance!
We find many use the name interchangeably when referring to a Cranberry Mimosa, but the most common poinsettia mimosa recipes we experimented with also added a dash of Triple Sec or orange liqueur, and even a splash of grenadine, giving it an even darker cherry red.
Have an experiment which you prefer (both are equally tasty and festive but we do find the Poinsettia Mimosa has a little extra punch), mix the ingredients in the flute with a long cocktail spoon.
More Christmas drinks ideas
As well as checking out our complete guide to Christmas cocktails, you may also be interested in our Christmas gift guides for drink-lovers. We cover everything from stylish glassware for your drinks cabinet through to our favourite gifts for prosecco-lovers.
If you’re still seeking out that perfect gift idea or stocking stuffer, pop on over for some inspiration here >>
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!