Classic pina colada recipe: how to make this sweet and summery coconut, pineapple and rum cocktail at home
Pina Colada is a classic summer cocktail.
With a sweet and a distinct tropical taste of coconut and pineapple and the hit from rum, it is the perfect drink to leisurely sip poolside or to serve at a BBQ or summer garden party and an easy one to make.
There are several ways to make pina colada and we encourage you to try several styles to find the perfect balance of sweetness to suit your taste.
Try this easy to make Thermomix pina colada variation or enjoy it alcohol free with this pina colada mocktail recipe – then join us on Mama Loves a Drink on Facebook and tell us which one you loved most!
This is the classic recipe for pina colada, to bring a taste of Puerto Rico to your party.
Can’t make it now? Save this to Pinterest for later
As Amazon affiliates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools you will need for making a pina colada
- A good blender able to crush ice
- Hurricane glasses
- Environmentally friendly straws (optional)
- Colorful reusable cocktail umbrellas for extra color (optional)
- 2 oz/60 mL White Rum
- 1 oz./30 mL Coconut cream
- 1 oz/30 mL Heavy cream
- 6 oz/180 mL Fresh pineapple juice
- 5 cup/120 mL Crushed ice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, including the ice
- Close and blend for about 15 seconds
- Pour into a glass or jug
- Dress the glasses with slices of fresh pineapple or maraschino cherry for a touch of colour
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!