This refreshing frozen cocktail absolutely screams summer and is one of our favourites a backyard BBQ party.
We have provided a serving for two, but with a little advance preparation (and freezer space) you can batch accordingly and increase the recipe.
Can’t make it now? Save this to Pinterest for later
As Amazon affiliates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools you will need for making a Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
- A blender
- Large chopping knife
- Citrus juicer
- Measuring cup
An alternative to a blender is to use a Thermomix. You can see all our favourite daiquiri and Thermomix cocktails here.
- 600g of frozen watermelon cubes
- 125ml light rum
- 60ml fresh lime juice
- 30ml Cointreau
- 30ml simple syrup (to taste)
- Slice of watermelon or wedge of lime (to garnish)
- Chop up your watermelon into cubes and freeze on a tray for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Add to your blender the frozen melon cubes, rum, lime, Cointreau (and simple syrup if needed).
- Blend until smooth and pour into tall glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon or wedge of lime.
- Enjoy immediately
You may want to pause partway through the blending to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Depending on how long you have frozen the watermelon for in advance, you may also want to add further ice cubes to the blender for a thicker consistency - or be super organized and cube and freeze your melon early in the day before a party starts.
Refreshing Summer Treats
If you are looking for more delicious and refreshing treats to try for summer, don’t forget to check out our Delicious BBQ Drinks for Summer Collection here.
We also have more Daiquiri favourites for you to try, including:
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!