Coffee and whipped cream are a match made in heaven.
But what if instead of adding whipped cream to your cup of coffee, you infuse it with it and chill? If you were to do that, you would have one of the most delicious, delicate and addictive desserts you can imagine!
- 70gr Italian espresso
- 300g whipped cream
- 40g icing sugar
- Make your Italian coffee, either using a stovetop coffee maker or an espresso machine
- Pour it into a heat resistant bowl or jar, and add the sugar
- Mix well so it dissolves completely and leave to cool
- In a separate bowl, pour the cream and, very slowly, add the coffee and gently fold it onto the cream. You do not need an electric whisk for this, however, depending on the quality of the cream, you may want to use an electric mixer to avoid it returning to a more liquid state.
- Pour the mix into your serving glasses and leave them in the fridge for about 1h.
- Serve very cold, adding a sprinkle of chocolate, cinnamon or a sugared coffee bean on top for refined look