Sangria is one of the most if not the most famous of all summer jug cocktail.
Easy to make ahead and always satisfying, it is a great drink for large parties as it is a crowd favorite and an easy one to top up anytime needed.
This is how to make sangria.
Can’t make it now? Save this to Pinterest for later
As Amazon affiliates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools you will need for making a jug of sangria
- A large jar (clear glass is best)
- A sharp knife for prepping your fruit
- Large glasses for serving
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 200 gr strawberries (try also peaches, or apricots, or green apple)
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 1 bottle of table wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300 ml sparkling water
- Clean and chop the fruit
- Add everything into a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and mix well
- Ideally, you want to make this the day before your party and let it macerate in the fridge however, if you are short on time, you can skip this step and make everything directly in the jug
- Once you are ready to mix your drink, move the mixture into a large jug, then add wine, sparkling water, cinnamon stick and ice
- Mix well and serve
Tip: For the best result, we highly recommend you chop your fruit overnight. Once macerated, it permeates the wine with its taste giving a much deeper, more accomplished taste to your sangria.
Presentation tip: for an extra pleasing presentation, cut your orange in thin round slices as well as wedges: they look exceptionally pretty once in the jug!
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!