One from our fruity summer berry collection of cocktails. Don’t let strawberries have ALL the fun, here’s our favourite take on the Raspberry Daiquiri, a lovely light rum drink with an intense berry punch.
Can’t make it now? Save it to Pinterest for later
We are participants in the Amazon Associates program that earns us a commission when a qualifying purchase is made.
Tools you will need to make a raspberry daiquiri
- Mixing glass
- Cocktail Muddler
- Fine mesh sieve
- Cocktail shaker
- Citrus juicer
- Elegant cocktail glasses to serve
- One small punnet of raspberries (approx 6oz/180g)
- 60ml orange liqueur
- 240ml white rum
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- Optional garnish set aside a few of the raspberries or a twist of lime
- Place your raspberries in a mixing glass with the lime juice and sugar
- Gently muddle them with a muddling stick until you have a nice pulp and pour into a shaker (you may need to do in batches)
- Add the rum and a few cups of ice
- Strain into a cocktail glass through a sieve
- Garnish with strawberries on a cocktail stick or a twist of lime
An optional extra is to sugar your glass rim. You can easily do this by running one of your squeezed lime wedges along the rim of each glass and dipping them into a small plate of sugar.
We have found, especially when making in batches, you will need a larger sieve than comes in your usual cocktail making set to remove as much or the seed pulp as possible for a much smoother finish.
More fruity summer cocktails to try
If you love a raspberry daiquiri, then you may also like:
- Frozen strawberry daiquiri
- Raspberry mojito cocktail
- Raspberry lemonade cocktail
- 20 Frozen Cocktails for a hot summers day
You can celebrate drinking your raspberry daiquiri on National Daiquiri Day, 19 July each year!
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!