This creamy treat screams of warm summer evenings and kicking your shoes off.
We have played around a little with the traditional Piña Colada recipe but we’d love to hear if you have your own version too.
Can’t make it now? Save it to Pinterest for later
We are participants in the Amazon Associates program that earns us a commission when a qualifying purchase is made.
What you will need to make Thermomix Piña Colada
- A Thermomix!
- A large, sharp chopping knife for your fresh pineapple and for ease, a pineapple corer
- Possibly a can opener for your coconut cream or pineapples if you are heading down the tinned route
- Ready prepared ice cubes
- Tall glasses to serve
- 300g pineapple chunks (preferably fresh)
- 120g pineapple juice
- 240g white rum
- 120g coconut cream
- 20g caster sugar
- 900g ice cubes
- Slice of fresh pineapple to garnish
- Add the pineapple chunks to your thermomix, 15 seconds, speed 8
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add pineapple juice, white rum, coconut cream, caster sugar and ice cubes.
- Blend for 30 seconds, speed 7
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a slice of pineapple
We have found it is fine to replace the fresh pineapple chunks with canned pineapple (and use the natural juices). You can also replace the coconut cream with coconut milk, but your consistency will be slightly thinner, consider this when adding your ice.
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!